Cat® 988K Wheel Loader Introduced to the World at Bauma 2013
Caterpillar recently introduced the seventh generation of 988 Wheel Loaders at the Bauma International Trade Fair in Munich, Germany. From April 15-21, visitors from around the world were able to see firsthand Caterpillar's newest wheel loader, the 988K.
2013 marks a special year for the 988K as it celebrates its 50th anniversary of delivering reliable, profitable performance for worldwide customers. Designed as an optimum loading tool for Cat® construction and mining trucks, the new 988K features:
- Redesigned Z bar linkage expands versatility in small quarries and underground applications.
- Worldwide engine configurations including Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV technology for a reduced carbon footprint
- Enhanced drive train & hydraulics for smooth, efficient, and responsive controls
- Completely redesigned operator station ensures a comfortable, quiet, and productive operator experience
- Enhancements in safety and serviceability for maximum uptime.