Load and go, again and again. The Cat® 789D Mining Truck combines high production, availability and payload to deliver the lowest-in-class cost per ton.
- Cat 3516B or 3516C EUI Quad turbocharged diesel engines deliver high power and reliability
- Rugged frame ensures durability
- Larger tire options for increased tire life or reduced tire costs
- Easy access to daily service points increase machine serviceability
- Object Detection for awareness of nearby machines and other objects
- Site specific solutions. Cold weather arrangements and attachments. Extra Quiet spectator sound machines.
Integrated machine computer systems optimize overall power train performance, increase reliability and component life and reduce operating costs. Other performance features include:
- Depending on market requirements 3516C or 3516B engines are available
- Optional higher horsepower Cat® 3516C delivers faster speed on grade
- Refined frame to provide clearance for larger optional tires
- Integrated truck bodies solutions —Mine Specific Design (MSD II), X, Combination, Gateless Coal and Dual Slope—support payloads from 177 to 188 metric tons (195 to 207 tons)
- Integrated, 4 corner, oil cooled disc brakes, extended life brake material
- Traction control
500-hour service intervals increase machine availability and productivity. Other serviceability features include:
- Access and Egress improvements. Machine and ground access options
- Integrated tie off points
- Ground-level access to daily service points, including tanks, filters, drains, lubrication system and engine shutdown
- VIMS system continuously monitors machine to locate faults and improve repair time
- Optional platform at rear of operator station
- Standard or quick change rim options
Trained operators use their eyes and experience—and the latest technology—to help ensure safety on the job.
- Object Detection, part of Cat® Minestar System's Detect capability set, uses radar and cameras to aid in awareness of nearby machines and other objects
- Other features include slip-resistant surfaces, wide-angle mirrors, access and egress improvements, body-raised indicator
- Reverse neutralizer when dumping
- Ground-level access shutoff switches
Getting the job done right means helping you reduce waste, extend component life and manage your fuel costs.
- Extended life filters and extended maintenance intervals reduce waste
- Optional oil renewal system extends engine oil change intervals from 500 hours to 4,000 hours or more to increase machine availability and reduce costs
- Engine ECM halts fuel injection on downhill hauls for exceptional fuel efficiency